I Have the Power
This exercise has been designed to improve confidence and self belief - the more confident you are the easier you find it to carry out this exercise. People lacking confidence and self belief will find it difficult at first but with practice it becomes easier (as your confidence grows).
It needs regular practice. The Mirror Exercise – "I Have the Power"
This exercise needs to be done with some privacy. It is an extremely powerful method of increasing your levels of inner belief and confidence.
- Stand in front of the Mirror about 10 steps away.
- Look at your own reflection in the mirror; you have to generate a strong, serious and powerful look on your face. Absolutely NO SMILING is allowed, it is not a joke – you must be deadly serious throughout.
- Stare at the reflection of your own eyes. You must remain focused on your eyes all the time do not break contact for even a second just look deeper and deeper into your own eyes.
- Speak out loud in a strong voice, full of conviction, "I HAVE THE POWER!" allow these words to sink in for a few seconds and maintain intense eye contact with yourself.
- Take a step closer to the mirror, whilst maintaining intense eye contact – repeat the statement "I HAVE THE POWER!" with full conviction and allow the words and power to wash over you.
- Take another step forward whilst maintaining eye contact and repeat the process of saying out loud "I HAVE THE POWER!"
- Continue to do this one step at a time until you are just 6 inches (15cm) from the mirror. Say out loud "I HAVE THE POWER!" and pause for the words and power to rush wash over you, then do it again.
- Once you have done this, close your eyes, take a long deep breath and imagine your lungs filling with Power, Strength and Confidence. Feel the Power flowing right through your body.
- Keeping your eyes closed - exhale slowly, breathing out all the doubt, fear, worry and anxiety.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 another 4 times.
- That is the end of the exercise.